Monday, February 19, 2018

Dang it Cabo Verde

WEEK 74: February 19, 2018

So this weeks title is due to how incredibly amazing Cabo Verde is and how incredibly sad I am to leave these amazing  little islands in 3 weeks. Therefore, the title....why do you have to be so amazing Cabo Verde?!?

This past week was full of heartbreaks unfortunately. Pesquisadores who said they would come to church with us, were not able to make it and members who said they would help pick up a few of those investigators before church, ended up being  late..haha. Life is a wonderful thing sometimes. Full of ups and downs and happiness and sadness. Fortunately, we are missionaries and we can't afford to be sad for too long SOOO we will be helping those wonderful pesq understand more fully the importance of igreja (church) this upcoming week and hopefully we will see better results this coming Sunday :) Any prayers would be greatly appreciated. 

Highlight of the week was our English class with the elders and my Cabo Verdian homies. These people are so cute and so funny. We played a matching game and had random English words with their matching Portugues words all written out on small cards and flipped over on the table. The only way they could win a treat was if they matched the cards AND pronounced them correctly. I almost burst out laughing a few times, but it was definitely worth it and I love watching them learn a new language. It reminds me of what I was like 17 months ago....lol yikes!!

So some of you know, fidja 1(Sis. T) made me my "dying planner" and added random photos from the past 17 months of my life. It has added quite a bit of laughter each day these past few weeks and also added some tears. It's been my favorite part of the day flipping open to a new page and finding an old photo from the mission. I can't even explain to you all how heart broken I am to be leaving this place. It's something I've never experienced before and all I can say is that missions are amazing and change your heart and perspective on life. If you are able and willing, PLS SERVE A MISSION. IT WILL BE THE BEST THING YOU EVER DO. AND YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT. THAT IS ALL. TCHAU. 

--
Much love, Sister Jorgensen 
































No comments:

Post a Comment