Monday, September 19, 2016

I'm Still Alive!

Week 1: September 19

Oi! I'm still alive! 

What's up everyone?! I hope all is well back home and wherever else you might be. What a week though...or I guess 5 days. It's so true what everyone says. The days go by SO slow but the weeks are gone before you know it. But I'm doing good so far! I've kinda been homesick and am still getting used to things, but it gets better each day. Except for the fact that I literally get more and more tired as the hours go on haha. It's worth it though (; Lots has happened in these past 5 days. I've gone to bed at 10:30pm and woken up at 6:30am for 5 days in a row....which is more than I have done in my entire life. No joke.  It's quite the feeling being awake and constantly busy for 16 hours of the day. I am definitely not a morning person. But I get to be for the next 18 months. YAY!! Luckily I have the coolest companion too. Here name is Sister Dutkiewicz and she is from Connecticut. We get along so well and are literally the same person. She played rugby in HS which is the sickest thing ever, and she constantly makes me laugh. Which is even more important. We're definitely gonna be friends after the mission. 

I know ya'll aren't a huge fan of the mon-sun updates so I'll just summarize my week! Our teacher literally spoke portuguese the whole class period on my first day and I couldn't understand a single word. Luckily it's getting easier, but man. My zone always jokes about how easy the english districts have it because learning a language is hard stuff. It's such a pretty language though and I cannot wait to be able to speak it and understand what everyone is saying. Pray for me lol. Me and my comp are teaching a fake investigator named Campeao and both of the lessons were pretty bad hahaha. I don't know how he doesn't just burst out laughing cause I'm pretty sure we're saying the wrong words. Oh well. Me and Sister D had a good laugh about it for 30 minutes afterwards. It'll get better. That's about it though! All we do here is eat and sit in class. My body is going to pot and I feel like a fatty from all the nasty food, but what can ya do? Exercise time helps out, but the food still sucks. 

This place literally is a spiritual prison but I come to love it more and more each day. I know this is exactly where I am supposed to be and that my family and I will receive many blessings for it. Some days are really hard, and we get distracted easily. But the good days make everything better. I love all of you so much and am grateful for the support. Be good this week and remember to always choose the right! xoxo 

Tchau! 

My and the roomies. My comp is on the left. She's a baller.

cliche tag pic

My zone!! they're awesome and I love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment