Monday, September 26, 2016

"Tchau Pecados!"

WEEK 2:  SEPTEMBER 26, 2016

Ola!

Last P-day was a struggle, but we're slowly figuring out how things work here at the CTM (portuguese version.) This place is actually pretty amazing. Besides the food. And the billions of germs floating around everywhere. I swear I wash my hands 20 times a day. But I also feel the spirit 20 times a day so it all evens out. It's also freezing cold outside. What the heck. I'm SOOOOO glad I'll be having summer the next 18 months of my life. It's the cutest thing though when the Elders wait outside for all the sister and walk them home with umbrellas during the rain storms. Don't worry though, my heart is almost locked (;

Man, lots has happened in just a short 7 days! I feel like I was just barely sending my first email. Only like 4 1/2 more weeks though, and then I'm outta here. It still blows my mind that I'm already out on my mission. It's super hard, and I'm only 2 weeks into it....but I know it's the right thing to do and I see the Lord's hand in my life every single day, without fail. 

So I'll start out with last sunday. Sundays are my fav because of church music, sacrament, choir, devotional, and movie night! Since it was our first sunday last week we were all able to watch Elder Bednar's talk, "Character Of Christ." It was AMAZING. I took so many notes! One of my favorite parts was when he said, "Everybody can have a testimony of Christ, but not everyone is converted unto Him." I thought that was so awesome and profound. He goes on to say that conversion is a turning away from the natural man. In order to do that, we must turn outwards as Christ did, rather than inwards. I know I can definitely do better at that. But good thing I have 16 hours every single day to work on it (;

The rest of the week was good. We seriously just sit in class and eat, all day every day. It's rough, but what can ya do. Thank the heavens I have Sis. D to keep me sane and constantly laughing my head off. She's seriously hilarious. During class on Friday, we were doing role plays with our companions and Sis. D was the missionary and I was the investigator. We were practicing our door approach and just introducing each other when she just randomly says, "Jose Smith?" We had literally only given our names and just shook hands, but that was all she could remember. It sounds super stupid now that I've written it out, but I'm too lazy to delete it all. And I laughed for a solid 20 minutes afterwards anyways. It was hilarious!!! Learning a language is hard and sometimes all you can remember is how to say "Jose Smith?" But hey, at least we know something, right? hahahahah

Oh, and remember how we were teaching our fake investigator Campeao? Yeah well he's now our teacher! I was scared to talk to him the first day he taught because he had to sit in 5 lessons with us saying everything wrong hahaha, but he's actually way awesome and I have already learned so much from him! He served in Cabo Verde too which is even cooler! He absolutely loved it there and always has he coolest stories. He was on 6 islands during his mission and had to take a total of 12 plane rides and 3 boat rides. Yikes. Those little planes scare me. 

So yeahhhhh. Sorry this is a novel and really random... but long story short, things are going well and I really like it here! The choir is phenomenal and easily my favorite part. I'm learning how to trust in the Lord and ask him for help with literally everything. I definitely could not do any of this on my own and I know He will be with me every step of the way as long as I am obedient and trying my best. I love you all and am so grateful for your love and support. Have a great week and remember who you are! xoxo

--
Much love, Sister Jorgensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment