Monday, January 2, 2017

Natal, 2017, and the flu. WOOOOO

1st sunrise of 2017 in Porto Novo
Week 16:  January 2, 2017 So the title about sums it up, but this past week was both the best, and worst week of my life. Monday I was able to see and talk with my AMAZING family, and it was the greatest thing of my entire life. We only had 40 minutes to talk, but I wouldn´t trade those 40 minutes for the world. Although it made me miss home that much more afterwards, it also made me realize just how lucky I am to call them family, and for the life I was fortunate enough to have before my mission. I love them with my whole heart and cannot wait to see their beautiful faces again in 5 short months. Not that I´m counting down or anything..(: Tuesday is where things took a turn for the worst. I came down with the flu and boyy was it terrible. I haven´t been that sick in a while! I threw up 8 times in one day, so that should tell you how awesome things were. Luckily I'm starting to feel better today. Pray it only goes up from here! I´ve also been in a tripla (3 sisters together) this past week because Sis. Kinikini had to fly to Praia to get a lump on her neck checked out. She should fly back this week, but keep her in your prayers as well!! 

There´s literally nothing else to tell ya´ll about seeing as I was lying in bed all week. But being here for the holidays was pretty cool. They go all out for New Year´s Eve and literally party from midnight to 6am the next morning. It was so loud all night! Christmas was also super cool here. Unfortunately a lot of people were getting drunk and partying rather than being with their families, but we were able to find a few families and share a small video with them about the true meaning of Christmas. I felt the spirit so much and I hope those families did too. 

I can´t believe my second transfer is over in just two short weeks and that I hit my 4 month mark this month! Time is literally flying by here, but I wouldn´t want to be anywhere else. I LOVE these people. I LOVE this gospel. And I LOVE my Savior. He is always there no matter what. We just have to pray and ask Him for help.

I love you all and hope everyone has a better week than I did last week! Keep living it up in America and eat some Cafe Rio for me. I miss pulled pork so much.

Much Love - Sister Jorgensen 



They have no seasoning for food on the islands.  Firehouse
sauce for Christmas was a great present!

No comments:

Post a Comment