Monday, February 6, 2017

`When in Cabo Verde...`

Week 20: February 6, 2017

They came to CHURCH!!!
Ooh it´s been a very long and tiring week to say the least. Sis Pires and I have been trying our hardest to find new pesquisadors and mark baptismal dates with people, but this area is strugglin`at the moment. We are still working with Ronise and Elton, and they are still doing awesome and were BOTH in church yesterday! WOOT! But besides them, none of our other investigators have made an effort to attend church or keep the commitments we´ve extended...it´s super frustrating and disappointing at times, but Sis. Pires and I fasted real hard for our area yesterday and we have faith that will help! Just keep this area in your prayers por favor! 

Other than that, not much else happened this week. I am slowly starting to understand kriolu here, so that´s literally a miracle sent from God himself. Also, I found out that THEY DONT HAVE PAIN KILLERS HERE FOR WOMEN WHILE GIVING BIRTH. Let that just sink in for a moment. Can ya´ll even imagine feeling that much pain?!?! My jaw literally hit the floor when they told me      that, and then they all just laughed at me because of how shocked I was. Yes, I am still partially in culture shock. And yes, NEVER mess with cabo verdean women. They are BOSS.


Sorry this weeks update is lame, our Pday got cut short   today because we´ll be taking the barco (boat) to Sao Vincente hoje for interviews with President and then Zone Conference. Entao, ate proximo semana! (so until next week) As always, I am SO beyond grateful for the continual love and support from everyone. It means the world. I am also still trying my hardest to write everyone back. Love you all! Especially my amazing family and maizy xoxo

D&C  6:13 If thou wilt do good, yea, and hold out faithful to the end, thou shalt be saved in the kingdom of God, which is the greatest of all the gifts of God; for there is no gift greater than the gift of salvation. 

This related perfectly to my week. Life is hard, but if we hold out faithful and perseverar ate o fim (endure to the end) we can be saved in the kingdom of GOd and have everlasting happiness. I encourage you all to keep on keepin on and rely on Christ during the rough times. 



--Much love, Sister Jorgensen xoxoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment