Monday, August 7, 2017

Post - "Bomb"

WEEK 46: August 7, 2017


Well folks, I have officially survived "The Bomb" (aka parasite pills.) Oh how I love this country. The work has been a little slow here in Terra Branca because of it, but Sis T and I are hoping that things will only go up from here! Pray for us lol. 

On a positive note, it was a week full of miracles and very humbling experiences!! First off, we were able to get 3 of our 'dates marked' to church on Sunday and they really loved it! Two of them are 19 year old boys who are really looking to grow closer to the Savior. Danielson and Junior. The other was a 35ish year old man named Nivaldo who is the most spiritual man I have EVER met. He wants so badly to grow closer to God and stay on the straight and narrow path. They are all reading the BofM and always have the best questions when we go over to teach them. With Danielson and Junior, it always gets a little tricky teaching them because they live in a bar, and all the drunk guys like to sit with us while we teach. At times it takes everything in me not to burst out laughing. Life is great!!

Also, for a Zone meeting this morning we were able to watch Ephraim´s Rescue. and it changed my life, not gonna lie. It´s the most humbling movie ever. I invite you all to watch it and really think about what you have been blessed with in your lives. 

These past couple months on the mission, I´ve really been able to look back on my life and realize how much I have been given the past 20 years. Life hasn´t always been easy, but I´ve always had what I´ve needed, and for that I am so grateful. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father, and His son Jesus Christ who gave His life for me. I am BEYOND grateful for a loving family who has always supported me through thick and thin, and have always brought a smile to my face during rough times. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve the people of Cabo Verde right now. No, it is not easy AT ALL. And there are moments I want to quit, but I know this is exactly where I need to be. I know I was supposed to meet all of these people for a reason, and they have truly changed my life...Including those I have met since I entered the MTC. I´m grateful for all of you, and your continuous support. It means the world to me.  I am so grateful for this gospel, and have already seen it change so many peoples´ lives.  I just want to say how grateful I am for the life Ive been given!  Have a great week!

--
Much love, Sister Jorgensen xoxoxo


P-day lunch by the Ocean

Yuri's baptism!!

No comments:

Post a Comment