Monday, September 18, 2017

WEEK 52: September 18, 2017


Heyyyoooo

Hows life?! So sorry about not having a weekly update last week. I was puking my guts out (: but all is well now and I will no longer be eating at that shack that made me sick. This week started out rough bc of the sickness, but by Wednesday we were finally able to get back to work and see HUGE milagres!!! 

Sis T and I have a goal to leave this area better than we found it. It is definitely a tough task, but we are trying our hardest. Once again, only 2 pesquisadors showed up to church yesterday... :( it´s definitely better than zero, but we´re working on it. Shoutout to Annabana for having 7 though! SO DOPE! 2 weeks ago was also Zone Conference and we were able to talk lots about helping our investigators make and keep commitments, along with helping them plant the seed of faith within their hearts. It was really cool, and President and Sis Amo are so amazing. I really loved the thought that Pres. Amo shared with everyone about how WE have to first have that seed of faith planted within us, and continually nourish it, to help others implant that same seed. When our investigators read the Book of Mormon, THAT is how they will plant the seed. By reading daily, the seed will continue to grow within them until it becomes APART of them. That seed is CHRIST, and once we have Christ with us, we will ultimately become better people and true disciples of Christ. Ultimately, the Book of Mormon is the key to everything. It is called the keystone of our religion for a reason. This book has TRULY changed my life since being on my mission. I am so beyond grateful for it, and challenge you ALL to continue to read it daily. And if you´re not reading it daily, it´s never too late to start (; 

As far as the miragles go (shoutout to Sis Pendleton haha) they were AMAZING! So...Wednesday night we were out contacting because all our apptm´s fell through. We were walking on one of our membros roads and Sis T decided to take a becko (alleyway) to a different road. She stopped at this random house, and boy I am so grateful she did! We ended up finding a 26 year old woman, Milu, at home with her 5 year old daughter, Ludmilla. She looked very depressed and downhearted as we walked into her one room cement house. She proceeded to tell us all about her life and how difficult things were at the moment. Her family stopped helping her, she was having trouble paying rent, she couldn´t find a good job, and she didn´t have enough money to feed her daughter. It was so sad. Sis T and I just sat there for a long time and listened to her. I think she really needed that. We were planning on teaching the first lesson, but after listening, the spirit directed us somewhere else. We were able to read alma 36:27 with her and testify of God´s love for her. She began to cry and we all just sat there in silence for awhile. The spirit was SO strong. We asked her how she felt and she said, `relieved.` We testified of how she could feel this same feeling when reading the Book of Mormon, praying, and attending church each week. Since then, we have been able to teach her more and she currently has a baptismal date! I love this work! 

Not enough time to write about the other miracles, but this week was great! Transfers are this upcoming Monday, and Sis T and I have big plans to help this area as much as possible before leaving (if we leave that is...) I am so grateful for this work. For my Savior. And for my family. You all mean the WORLD to me, and I would NOT be here without your love and support. That goes for anyone who is reading this or who is apart of my life. I love you all.  I love being a missionary! Have a great week and keep reading the Book of Mormon!!!!!!!! 

-- 
Much love, Sister Jorgensen 








No comments:

Post a Comment