Monday, September 25, 2017

Life just got 10x hotter :,)

WEEK 53: September 25, 2017


Hello from the great island of FOGO! Yes, you heard that right. Your girl is now living on a volcano (:  Just arrived about an hour ago and I'm already sweating buckets. Love life, but actually super stoked to be here! I´ll be serving with another Brazilian named Sis Barbosa. She´s awesome and this should be a great transfer! Stay tuned for the next 6 weeks to see for yourself!

Yesterday all the sisters in Praia were able to go and watch the women´s broadcast. It was SO great!! Unfortunately, my notebook that I took notes in is all packed away, but I loved all the talks. They were all so great and so focused on standing out in a darkening world and sharing our light by being happy and positive and Christ-like. I learned so much and hope all of you mudjers out there were able to watch it and take some good notes. I challenge you all to go back, print out the talks, and read them again. Everything they talked was revelation from God himself that ALL of us can learn from and use in our day to day lives. 

As far as the rest of the week went..Sis T and I were able to find new pesquisadors and mark dates with some awesome people! I just hope and pray they will actually get baptized. We also had dinner with one of our favorite families this week and it was soooo good. She made baked chicken and Sis T and I almost shed tears of joy... it tasted like America!!  We were also able to share a scripture with their family from Alma 43:43-50 and talked to them and their two kids about how they can be examples for others especially with school just starting. It was so good and the spirit was so strong. Made me miss my amazing family, but also made me SO grateful for eternal families and the strong relationships that come from them.  EVERYONE, go hug your family members and tell them you´re grateful for them rn. You won´t regret it. 



















Well, that´s about it for this week. I miss Sis T so much already, but I know she´ll continue to kill it in Terra Branca. I´m also super pumped for this next fase de vida,( stage of life) and know the Lord will be with us along every step of the way. THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the love and support, kind notes, smiles and everything. Ya´ll are amazing and I love you!  Have a great week and jump for joy because life is FAB!!

Much love Sis. Jorgensen xoxo













No comments:

Post a Comment