Monday, February 5, 2018

I love serving in "Alaska"... (soooo cold here)

WEEK 72: February 5, 2018

My new missionary Sis. Williams
HELLOOOOO 

What a week! I picked up my second fidja this past Wednesday and her name is Sister Williams! She is from Millcreek Utah and only has a total of 6 days on the mission now. It's crazy serving with her and remembering how I was in the exact same position roughly 16 months ago...not being able to understand ANYTHING anyone was saying, let alone speak my thoughts during the lessons. It's been a very cool and humbling experience to sit back and watch her learn little by little and adjust to missionary life on these little islands. God works in mysterious ways and I'm very grateful for the opportunity I have to help her learn a little bit more about teaching these amazing people the gospel and learning how to speak their crazy language!! 

We arrived in our area Wednesday night and got right to work! We were able to find the COOLEST woman named Karina. We found her while working in an area 20 minutes downhill from where we normally work. We taught her the message of the restoration and the spirit was more powerful than ever before. She had the light of Christ in her eyes and accepted the invitation to follow Christ and be baptized the same way He was. 

Sis Williams and I have started writing down 10 tender mercies of the day every night when we get back to our apartment. One of those tender mercies from this past week was when we were freezing our chacos off at 8:50pm while walking back from our apptm. One of the hiace drivers remembered who we were (seeing as he has driven the sisters and elders several times back and forth from Assomada to Praia) and offered to give us a free ride back to our house even with a car full of other passengers. It was such a little miracle and helped keep us warm all the way back to our house :) Its been awesome to see the hand of the Lord in our lives and in the work each day. I invite you all to do the same :) 

Funny of the week: this morning we left with two members in our relief society class to walk to the "big tree" as they call it. Before we left we were hanging out at one of the members house and I sat down on their sons bed to help one of the kids with their math homework. Upon sitting down, I felt something soak through all 3 layers of my clothing....I then proceeded to look at the little boy and kindly ask, "Chris, voce fez chi chi na cama?" (did you pee pee in your bed) he happily responded with a grin on his face "SIM!" (YES!!) God bless Cabo Verde!!! 

--
Much love, Sister Jorgensen 



























No comments:

Post a Comment