Monday, October 17, 2016

Paris, Here I Come!!

WEEK 5: October 17, 2016

WE GOT OUR TRAVEL PLANS THIS WEEK!!!!!! I can't believe this is all actually happening, but we leave next Tues. the 25th at 11:50am for the SLC airport. Our first flight doesn't leave until 5:10 that night though :( We fly ALL night and arrive in PARIS at 11:25am the next morning. We have a 4 1/2 hour layover there before flying to Lisbon, Portugal. We arrive in Lisbon at 5:45pm and then have a 3 hr layover there before heading to our final destination, CABO VERDE. We land in Cabo Verde at 11:05pm on Oct. 26th. Yeah, it makes me tired just reading that too. We're literally traveling for 2 straight days. Talk about jet lag. I'm SO nervous, but also super pumped. There are 10 of us girls all traveling together which will be so nice. I've gotten so close with my district and zone though, and it is going to be really hard not seeing them 24/7, and having to say goodbye. Crazy how close you can become with people who you've never even met before. I CANNOT wait to gain those relationships with the people of Cabo Verde though. I already love them so much. 

As for the rest of the week, guess who decided to pay us a surprise visit this past tuesday night? Yep, you're right. DAVID A. BEDNAR. Oooooh it was the best night of my life. He is a literal disciple of God and the spirit was so extremely strong in the room, it almost felt tangible. I wish you all could have been there to experience it. His talk was phenomenal too. He did things a little different than normal, but I loved it. He had his cute wife stand at the pulpit the whole time with him and they both gave the talk together. It was so cute. He talked about studying general conference talks and how we can get the most out of them. He and his wife showed us what they do, and I loved it so much that I had the sisters do it during my relief society lesson. So, Elder Bednar looks for 3 things in each conference talk....1. Doctrine and Principles 2. Invitations to Act and 3. Promised Blessings. He went on to explain each one, and then he had us test it out for ourselves. He played 5 clips from 5 different conference talks and we had to go through all 3 points for each talk. It was awesome to go through talks that I already thought I had gotten so much out of, and then finding more answers and promised blessings. I challenge you all to go through 3 talks from this past conference and do the same thing. You will be amazed by how much more you can learn and understand. I've also been trying to write down tender mercies I see throughout my days here, and it has helped me have a better attitude about certain things and realize how blessed I really am. Especially when it comes to the language. Some days are super rough, but God and the Holy Ghost always help me during lessons and class time. I am able to understand and say things I never would have been able to before. The gift of tongues is so real. I invite ya'll to look for tender mercies throughout your day as well. You'll be happier and more willing to serve others.

So yeah, that was about it for this week. Sunday was pretty exciting too. Remember how we have to prepare talks each week, and then we get called on during sacrament to give them? Yeah, well I had a feeling I would get called on this week and guess what...I did lol. So I gave my minute and a half portuguese talk in sacrament, and then I had to give the relief society lesson on obedience. It was a busy day, but both talks/lessons went well. At least I thought so. And then we got to watch the Joseph Smith Restoration movie that night. It was great. 

I can't believe I only have 8 more days in the MTC, but I'm definitely ready to get outta here. I do not feel prepared at ALL for the field, but I'm hoping that's normal? I'm so scared to get out there and have the weight of (real) peoples' eternal happiness on my shoulders, but I know it will be so amazing and I will learn and grow so much. I cannot wait to meet them and learn from their humility. This church is true, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission. Love you all so much and cannot thank you for the continual love and support. Hug all your dogs for me cause I miss mine so much!!  Have a great week! xoxo

The FINAL COUNTDOWN...
Love Sister J
note from my MTC teachers

Sunday walk in the fall leaves
Sisters in the Zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment