Monday, January 16, 2017

OFFICIALLY a 'REAL' missionary!!

WEEK 17 January 16, 2017

Yet another week has come and gone! I hit my 4 months on the mission this past week, and although some days feel as if they´ll never end, I can´t believe how fast time is flying by. I´ve still been in a tripla with Sis. McCall and Sis. Whitney, but this week is transfers week so we´ll see what happens. Please continue to pray for Sis. Kinikini though. She is now back in the states and is waiting to hear from the doctors. She is amazing and I miss and love her. 

As far as investigators go, I currently only have one progressing couple in my area...lol #TriplaProbs. But it´s Elton and Ronise and they are INCREDIBLE. Elton is currently working with us to quit smoking and drinking, and he´s doing great so far! It´s definitely not been easy for him, but both of them attended church yesterday with their youngest daughter, and you can already see how big of a difference it is making in their relationship and his families life. Ahhh it´s jsut been amazing getting to know them and helping them understand the gospel. I love them with my whole heart and want more than anything for them to be married and baptized, and eventually sealed in the temple. I could go on and on about them, but I really am so thankful to have met them. They have taught me so much. Please pray for them, and especially Elton to have a desire seguir a palavra de sabedoria! 

Sis. Whitney and Sis. McCall :) 
Other than that, not much else has happened this week. It´s been awesome teaching with the other 2 sisters in their area and meeting their pesquisadores. I've felt the spirit a lot in lessons this past week and am so grateful for the opportunity to be out here preachin´the good word. This gospel truly does bless and change lives for the better, and I´m seeing it first hand here in Cabo Verde! Also, I´m no longer in my first 12 weeks and considered the baby of the mission. WOOT! And exactly why I´m officially a `real missionary`(; 

As always, I love my family more than anything and wouldn´t be half the person I am today without them. I´m grateful for the constant love and support from everyone. It means the world. Remember who you are and be grateful ya´ll can shower in filtered water #Africa

Ps. I ATE A FISH WITH IT´S EYEBALL STILL IN IT´S EYE SOCKET AND IT WAS SO GROSS. The fish itself actually tasted pretty good, but I had to cover the eye up with rice or I would have puked. So nast!!


Much love,
the moon in Porto Novo

Sis. Jorgensen xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment