Monday, April 17, 2017

Príncipe da Paz (Prince of Peace)

WEEK 30: April 17, 2017


Even the puppies need the gospel!! 
´First of all, I challenge you all to go and watch the Easter video on lds.org, before you do anything else today. It is amazing and strengthened my testimony so much just watching it. No matter what is going on in our lives, no matter how much pain or sadness we feel, we can find peace through the ONE and ONLY person who knows exactly what we are going through. Our Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ. Because of His atoning sacrifice, and infinite love, we all have the chance to break the bonds of sin, and feel free from the worries and stresses of the world. I am so beyond grateful for this, and the opportunity I had to share my testimony about these things with the people of Cabo Verde yesterday during Easter...And for the next 330 days (; 

This week was pretty good! Transfers happened this past Tuesday, and like I said in my last email, my new comp is Sis. Alfaia. It´s been awesome being able to speak both English and Portuguese with her. The best of both worlds! Yesterday night as we were out knocking doors, we found a women named Lily. I have knocked her door several times before with other companions, and no one in that house has ever wanted to talk to us before. Well this time, Lily gladly welcomed us inside and let us teach her the 1st lesson. It was easily the most powerful first lesson I have ever taught while being out here on my mission. After talking about the first vision, we asked her how she felt. She didn´t say anything for a long time, and then said that she had no words to describe how she was feeling. I know without a doubt the Holy Ghost confirmed to her that our message was true. We have yet to teach her again, but hopefully this week we will be able to talk some more and help her prepare for baptism. I know that the Lord prepares people in HIS own due time. 

Other than that, not much else is new. My chaco tan lines are getting better each day, and finding ants in my food is nothing new here. You better believe I´m getting the most out of my protein intake each day. Love you all so much and am so grateful for the continued love and support. I thought ya´ll would´ve forgotten about me by now, but we´re 7 months in and people keep emailing me! So thanks! Have a great week and eat a mexican wedding cookie for me!!
-- 
Much love, Sister Jorgensen xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment