Tuesday, October 3, 2017

I want Fogo children!



Week 54:  October 2, 2017

Herro :) It´s me, your girl Sis J. So this week FLEW by ... really. My new area is....hot. there´s a reason this island is named 'Fogo' (fire) ... holy!  It´s super 'cool' here though. We kinda live on a mountain so you can see the ocean every day and at times, Brava (the other tiny little island by Fogo). But hey, happy conference weekend!!! Conference was AMAZING, as always, and there was so much I learned! Also so many questions that were answered. I hope it was the same for all of you and that you will apply the teachings in your lives for these next 6 months until the next conference!

All the talks were great, but Elder Zwick's really hit home. It was SO cool seeing someone who had recently visited our mission behind the pulpit. Hearing the story about Beau Richey again ripped my heart to pieces. I love that boy and I've never even met him. I know he is with God and helping so many in the spirit world choose to be 'happi' and follow the path that God has created for them. The plan of salvation is SO real and I am SO grateful for that. It not only hit home with hearing about Beau, but also with things going on in our area at the moment. This past week two young 'pessoas' (people) passed away. One was a 15 year old boy who was involved in a bike crash, and another 2 year old little girl who had a random heart attack. Both of these deaths have affected a lot in our area seeing as everyone here in Cabo Verde is family. I am so excited to stop by their houses this week and share with them the wonderful message of this gospel and let them know that they WILL be able to see their beautiful babies again some day. Ahh this gospel is so amazing. 

Other than that, not much else has happened. Sis Barbosa and I laugh our heads off every day at the most random things and life in Fogo is pretty great. The work is a little slow, and our bishop is currently in America and no one knows when he is coming home....BUT, I know there are people truly prepared here in São Filipe. It will be a little hard to find them this week seeing as I will be on divisions in Mosteiros until Thursday, BUT WE WILL FIND THEM. Choose to be HAPPI this week and always choose the right.

p.s. shoutout to Justin Jones on the mission call. You're all grown up! :,) So, so happy for you! 

p.p.s no pics this week because Mosteiros is in the mountains will less than average computers. k, tchauuuuuuuuuu xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment