Monday, October 9, 2017

I FEAR NO MAN


WEEK 55: October 9, 2017

Island of Fogo
What a week! Mosteiros was GORGEOUS and I loved getting to know Sis Morgan and her area a little better. Fogo is quite the island. So green and gorgeous and hotter than satan himself... but all is well and Sis Barbosa and I are back in our area again! We have been seeing so many milagres here in our little (literally teeny) area. This past Thursday we were able to stop by the house of the 2 yr old little girl who passed away. We sat down with her mom and had the most down to earth discussion I have ever had while being here on my mission. All 3 of us were crying and I couldn't help but feel the love that God had for this mother and her sweet angel daughter. They had placed a picture of the daughter on the wall and we all just kind of looked at the photo, cried, and talked about o mundo espiritual and how one day this amazing mom will see her beautiful daughter again. The spirit was stronger than ever in that room, and i know that 2 yr old girl was with us during those moments. I hope that mother was able to understand that her daughter is truly living in the presence of God and His Son, Jesus Christ, and that one day they will be able to see eachother again. Definitely one of those moments I will never forget.

Sis Barbosa and I were also able to hit our goals of finding new investigators and marking dates, which was great! Unfortunately, this ward also struggles with church attendance and retaining their members. It´s really sad actually. Our area is full of inactive return missionaries... Those of you out serving right now, GIVE IT ALL YOU HAVE AND DON'T EVER FALL AWAY WHEN YOU RETURN HOME. Don´t waste 1 1/2 or 2 years of your time. AND more importantly the Lord´s time. Never forget all the moments and experiences when you have felt the spirit of the Lord, and His love for you and His children in whatever part of the world you are serving in. Do me a favor and go read the Ricciardi letter. Actually, I´ll do you a favor. It´s attached to this letter. Read it. Ponder it. Study it. And most importantly, apply it. I am forever grateful for this letter and it has literally changed my mission and i think the rest of my life. I fear no man (or woman, or cabo verdian dog lol!!) But really, read it. Special shoutout to Kade and Nate. Pls read this. It will help you prepare for your missions and help you change your way of thinking before even entering the mission field. I love you both and am SO extremely excited for you both to serve. Ahhh where does the time go. 

Thanks so much for all the birthday wishes and kind words. Ya´ll give me more credit than I deserve. Your love and support means more than you´ll ever know. Shoutout to Mick (aka Dad) for the sweetest letter I have ever read. I will cherish that for the rest of my life. and biggest shoutout of all to Camdog for the amazing bday package and for just being amazing in general. Don't know what I would do without you as my momma and best friend. Hope you all have a great week and choose to FEAR NO MAN and be happi. xoxo

--
Much love, Sister Jorgensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment