Monday, October 30, 2017

Me daum batismo so um batismo

WEEK 58: October 30, 2017

Herro again! First of all, shoutout to my girl Dorothy for making it safely to Boston and being in the same district as Sis Kini. I love you both so much and can't wait to speak straight kriolu when you get back xo. Second, this week was fab bc BATISMO!! Our girl Gilmara was baptized and it was so great. She was so happy and couldn't stop smiling all day. Her little sister was unable to be baptized with her that day, but no worries we are re-marking with her tonight! The mom got a little stressed last minute and didn't feel as though Diana, the younger sister, was prepared. The entire family is so cool and we are currently working on getting the parents married and baptized. I'll keep you updated on how things go. 

We are currently on the last week of the transfer and I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. Sis Barbosa and I are working good together and are trying our hardest to find people who are prepared and actually want to learn more about the church of the "Elders." Not much else is happening here on the island of Fogo. The sun is still hotter than ever and Sis B and I have decided that not only is our outer layer of skin burnt, but also our souls. 

Sorry this weeks update is short. Literally nothing happened. I'll be in Mosteiros again until Friday and super pumped to not die of heat there! Have a great week and know that I am so grateful for your constant love and support. xoxo

--
Much love, Sister Jorgensen xoxo






































































1 comment:

  1. Kenzie - I think you are doing such a great job and I love reading your blog every week. You are an example to all of us. I can't imagine being in such a remote place. I don't think I could handle the bugs. You are doing such a good thing and I'm glad you are focused on your mission and the people around you. This is the only time in your life when you will only have a single focus and I think you are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete