Monday, November 13, 2017

"Everybody has those days, everybody gets that way..."

WEEK 60: November 13, 2017
Thank you to Hannah Montana for making a song very relatable to this past week of missionary work here in Sao Filipe....Yes, it was hard. Yes, it was hot, and Yes we walked A BAJILLIION miles... BUT Yes, I learned a lot. And Yes, we are going to keep working our skirts off until we figure things out with this area. The people here just have Catholic hearts a little harder than most, but I know we'll be able to figure things out. Sis Miller and I had lots of time in the streets to discuss how we are "seed planting" missionaries rather than "baptizing 20 people each week" missionaries and you know what, Im okay with that. Although weeks like these can be very frustrating and disappointing I also know that this is what builds character and is what will help me in the long run. 

Unfortunately, I don't have a novel for you all this week lol que triste (; not much happened, and our goal is to find  new, prepared people to hear the good word of God. If ya'll could send a lil' prayer Fogo's way it would be much appreciated. On a good note, our two young girls Diana and Gilmara are doing FAB!  Diana (the younger sister of the girl who was baptized two weeks ago) will be getting baptized this weekend and we couldn't be happier. I know that these little miracles are making a difference and that God's hand truly is in the details of this work. Thank you SO SO Sosososo much for all the constant love, support, and emails. It means the world to me and is what helps during hard weeks like this past week. I am happy and healthy though and I AM A MISSIONARY SO LIFE IS GREAT. SMILE PPL. GOD IS GOOD!

Shoutout to my UVU girls for KICKING TRASH and winning the WAC... Ya'll are amazing and I miss you more than life itself. 

Love Sis Jorgensen




No comments:

Post a Comment